Australian RD250LC Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"RD Cup Round 2"

+2
Jason
BMetcalf
6 posters

Go down

"RD Cup Round 2" Empty "RD Cup Round 2"

Post  BMetcalf Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Watch this space for details of the coming event at Mallala August 31st. Round 2 of the RD Cup with sponsor of this round being Two wheeled Recyclers.
Prize money and prizes up for grabs once again so pull the old girls out of the shed and prep them for the end of August. See if we can beat last meetings efforts of 12 LCs on the grid!
Only a one day licence will be required to enter. Smile

Drop me an email with those who are likely to enter.

I'll be back soon with entry forms and more details.
Brett Metcalf
BMetcalf
BMetcalf

Back to top Go down

"RD Cup Round 2" Empty Re: "RD Cup Round 2"

Post  Jason Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:05 pm

I'd better get my arse into gear and sort that gearbox out!

Jason

Back to top Go down

"RD Cup Round 2" Empty RD Cup Round 2

Post  Richard Carter Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:07 am

I'm a bit confused. Brett said to pull the old girls out of the shed. Does he mean our mums? I don't want to race my mum until she at least gets ported. But I digress. There are a few bikes on the build. Tim Tolenaar has produced a road legal orange unit, currently under rolling development. Paul Herft has had the race coversion applied to a dented but original RD, and should be circulating soon. Rob Williams has had a complete engine build up, and is planning to take on all at the OZ champs in WA. Matt from GC Motorcycles prospect has bought a basket case, and ex RD Tour de force winner, Hal Hutchesson is doing the engineering and logistics. We are on line to get 20LC's to the track in August, or maybe at the Xmas meeting in December. John Beattie now has 55 RD's in his armada, and seeking help regarding his addiction to these ill handling machines. IF you want to but a race bike, ring me or him.
Richard Carter
Richard Carter

Back to top Go down

"RD Cup Round 2" Empty RE RD Cup round 2 errors

Post  Richard Carter Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:15 am

Sorry, John Beattie doesn't have 55 bikes, nor is he seeking help for any type of addiction. And if you want to BUY one, call me or him. If you actually want to but one, knock yourself out.
Richard Carter
Richard Carter

Back to top Go down

"RD Cup Round 2" Empty Should I be worried???

Post  snapdragon Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:20 am

After reading your second to last post Richard, I'm a little bit worried I let you play with my bike! I hope you took more care wiring up my sump plug than you did compiling your post!

Then again, if I have a massive crash I can blame you!

How much would one of the 55 RD's go for?? I'm trying to talk a mate of mine into buying one for the track...

TT

snapdragon

Back to top Go down

"RD Cup Round 2" Empty Bottom touching Jamie

Post  Paul Murray Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:45 pm

did I mention Jamie touched my bottom at round two................................................................ oh and all the people on the hill saw it too so theres no denying it! and I felt dirty afterwards................................. Shocked

Paul Murray

Back to top Go down

Post  BMetcalf Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:58 am

C'mon Mr Murray, I heard you liked it dirty!
In all reality you should have not let Jamie get that close to you. The throttle is the thing on the right side of the handlebar! Smile
BMetcalf
BMetcalf

Back to top Go down

"RD Cup Round 2" Empty How is it lookin for Mac PK

Post  hyside Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi Guys, I have just found out about your 'D' cup, great Idea, I have a 250 and a 350 LC and was lookin to come to Mac Pk in Dec, is it still on, as I heard they was having some probs with the track this year, there is a goup of us planing to come (not all LC riders) so we need to plan as we are coming from VIC and NSW
Cheers Martin Very Happy
hyside
hyside

Back to top Go down

Post  BMetcalf Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:36 am

Mac Park in December is a deffinite for the last round of the RD Cup and once again we will have prize money,Trophies and other prizes up for grabs. It has also been Confirmed that Dunlop and GC Motor Cycles are Putting up a Set of TT900 tres for the overall "RD Cup" series winner, so anyone who has taken part in either of the first two "RD Cup" meetings at Mallala are in contention for a set of tyres. (Nice incentive!)

The RD Cup is run with a "secret" handicap system where riders accumulate points over the period 5 historic races and is designed so that the fastest rider doesn't always take home the money! This gives everybody a chance to take home the goods. Very Happy

Generally they also run a single 5 lap race just for the LCs which is named "Tour De LC" and the Prized yellow winners jacket is handed to the out right winner! Bit of a laugh and good fun. We are hoping to drag at least 15 LC's from Adelaide to the Mount for this event and would welcome any body else from other states to get involved.

Any one interested in being on the LC register please send me a PM with your email address, phone number,race number,Club which you belong to and a pic of your bike(if you wish.) and I will make sure you get the emails sent out keeping the LC racers up to date with ride days and Race meets.

Brett Metcalf #67 cheers
BMetcalf
BMetcalf

Back to top Go down

Post  snapdragon Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:25 am

Oi Brett! Where's me $100 worth of spare parts prize from the last meet?? My bikes still looking a bit shabby after my get off and a hundred bucks worth of spares will make her feel a lot better....

TT

snapdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  BMetcalf Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:09 pm

snapdragon wrote:Oi Brett! Where's me $100 worth of spare parts prize from the last meet?? My bikes still looking a bit shabby after my get off and a hundred bucks worth of spares will make her feel a lot better....

TT

I still have your Two Wheeled Recyclers $100 voucher with me and Richard has been meaning to pick it up the last few times he has visited but unfortunately between all the bla bla and the quiet soothing ales drunken , your voucher and Mr Herfts prize money still sits here!

This is one reason why we encourage all the RD racers to hang around for the presentations after the race so you can take home the goods on the day and show some thanks to our sponsors.
Last time we only had 4 RD racers hang around for presentation which makes myself and Richard wonder if we are doing the right or wrong thing as far as the RD cup goes? scratch

Some feed back would be good to see if we continue with the RD Cup races for 2009.

Once again, thanks must go to our sponsors of prizes and prize money:- Two Wheeled Recyclers (Vlasta), GC Motorcycles (Martin Renfrey & Richard Carter), Nitro Helmets, Dunlop and a couple of individuals who have also chucked in some hard cash out of their own pockets.

We are still in need of a sponsor or sponsors to put up the prize money for the December meet santa , so if anyone knows of anybody willing to help out with cash or prizes, then send me a PM with details and I will follow it up.

Brett Metcalf #67
BMetcalf
BMetcalf

Back to top Go down

Post  snapdragon Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Thanks Brett. I was sorry to miss the presentations but after my stack I decided to head off home as soon as possible to ensure my wife was still ok. I've scared her a few times and after this accident she was a bit pale looking - so I thought I should do the right thing and take here out to dinner. Next time I'll definitely hang around though.

As far as the meet went, it was fantastic. Once I started to get the hang of how to ride this little dinosaur I started to attack the corners a bit more. The front end patter scared the shit out of me the first couple of times but I learnt to ride around it. I still have no idea how you fast blokes can get around so quick on these things but hopefully with a few more meets I'll narrow the gap somewhat.

I appreciate the set up time and prizes for these events - having organised a few sporting events in my past I know how much goes into it. Thanks a lot!

snapdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:20 am

BMetcalf wrote: makes myself and Richard wonder if we are doing the right or wrong thing as far as the RD cup goes? scratch

Personally, I think the way you guys have run the cup this year has provided some close racing and some personal improvements. As you know, I appreciate the effort that both you and Richard have put in and if there was some way I could help any more, I certainly would. I thought about setting up a website devoted to the cup, but considering the lack of use this forum gets, I doubt it would be worth my while.

I can really only afford to race at 3 or 4 meets a year and this year I've made sure they've been the RD Cup meets. I've had to wrangle weekends off to do it, meaning I lose out on a lot of pay, but consider that it is well worth losing money for.

Keep up the good work!!

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down