Australian RD250LC Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

28 mm mikuni carbs

2 posters

Go down

28 mm mikuni carbs Empty 28 mm mikuni carbs

Post  Holma Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:52 am

Hi all , does anyone run 28 mikuni Roundslide carbs on there 250 LC ? If so , Im after some spec's on internals , Main Jets , Pilots , needles and clip height etc . Any help appreciated , cheers Holma ..
Holma
Holma

Back to top Go down

28 mm mikuni carbs Empty 28mm Carbs!

Post  BMetcalf Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:10 pm

Holma wrote:Hi all , does anyone run 28 mikuni Roundslide carbs on there 250 LC ? If so , Im after some spec's on internals , Main Jets , Pilots , needles and clip height etc . Any help appreciated , cheers Holma ..

Morning Holma.
Yes a few of us here are running 28mm carbs. We have had mixed results and found that the 28mm carbs can vary considerably with the different styles that seem to be around.
The best results I have had are from the Mikuni 28mm from a 1973 RD250. I run pod filters with a 240 main jet, standard pilot, standard needle with middle clip position and standard slide - 2.5 cut away.

The differences we have found are that the 73 carbs are a short top and slide while the later models came with a high carb top and tall slides.

And after all of that, alot of the guys are running the standard LC 26mm carbs with 240 mains and are lapping in the same times. So go figure!

I changed both of my 250s to the 28mm carbs and have not had any problems.(lucky?) Then when I built the 350, I just changed the needle and jets to suit. All good so far!

Hope this helps a little?
Brett.
BMetcalf
BMetcalf

Back to top Go down