Australian RD250LC Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Classic

+3
hyside
Holma
Jools
7 posters

Go down

Island Classic Empty Island Classic

Post  Jools Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:44 am

How many of you guys made it over to PI at the weekend ??

(apart from Nobby who binned it in turn 12 Mad )

Jools

Back to top Go down

Island Classic Empty Re: Island Classic

Post  Holma Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:39 am

I was there , had a blast and cant wait till next year and got to meet john as well !
Holma
Holma

Back to top Go down

Post  hyside Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:25 am

I was there Very Happy and then I was on the floor Sad turn 12! now that was a fast get off affraid I am a still a bit sore and stiff, but I will return Laughing
I still had a good time always good to catch up with everyone.
cheers Guys
hyside
hyside

Back to top Go down

Post  BMetcalf Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:00 am

Unfortunately, I was not!
I did however watch you all very closely on the live timing from the computimewebsite.
Good to see so many there and full grids. I rang James Kent on the Sat night to get the goss and find out who had taken soil samples (Mr Hyside!) and which motors had gone to a better place in 2 stroke heaven. I sorta wish I was there just to watch the racing and check out all the TZ500s and 750s. bounce

Congratulations to all those of you who made it through the weekend as by the sound of it, that was a an effort in it self ?

Maybe next year!
BMetcalf
BMetcalf

Back to top Go down

Post  Jools Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:55 pm

Glad you are ok Nobby

now, guess who is going to the bikers classic at Spa in June to ride that full floater Mk7 RG ??? What a Face

I can also check that Maxton 350 while I'm over there.

Whats the cheapest way of getting a couple of race bikes plus spares back from the UK ??
The UK team offered to stick them in their container next year but I don't know if I can wait that long............. bounce

Jools

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Jools wrote:
Whats the cheapest way of getting a couple of race bikes plus spares back from the UK ??

Get someone else to pay for it. Smile

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post  Bud977 Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:49 am

I was there on my #27 250LC and had heaps of fun dicing with South Aussie Paul Herft #125 in all of our races. Unfortuenately, the LC had a mysterious misfire all weekend which I couldn't track down. I think it was a leaking head squirting water into the cylinder. It would run OK for a lap or two, then it would misfire so you had to use half to 3/4 throttle to keep it going. Crying or Very sad

Holma's new LC is very smick looking and proved reliable for a new bike (except for the last race?)

My pitmate Woody had a tough weekend. The 250LC blew a big end so a new crank was fitted. The 350LC dropped a gudgeon pin circlip (from a brand new ProX piston Evil or Very Mad ) into the transfer and siezed. A new set of Yamaha pistons were fitted, but for some reason only went 100m before dying.

My TZ350E went well but I need some more track time to get used to it, now that it's actually running well.

I look forward to next year's Classic.

Lech

Bud977

Back to top Go down

Post  Holma Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:07 am

Thanks for the wrap Lech ! As Grant said , i may need to use some fuel next time . Like you said , cant wait till next year !!!!
Holma
Holma

Back to top Go down

Island Classic Empty phillip island classic

Post  herfty Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:05 am

hi folks,had an absolute ball on the island. conditions were in our favour especially for our p5 250 hot rods wayne higgins *129 was riding his lc like he stole it setting the pace on fri and sat morn only to mash potato left hand side piston so became our personal assistant there onwards and johnny tarzan gutte took his new zebra for a strap on sat and sun after parking his t250 suzi on the wall of shame.cheers lech for coming over to our pits shed to say gday,pitty your bike wasnt 100% but the battles were great. reckon us boys will be back in 2010 cheers paul affraid

herfty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down