Australian RD250LC Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Brakes...

4 posters

Go down

New Brakes... Empty New Brakes...

Post  Jason Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:47 am

Couldnt afford to buy a new disc, and can't find anyone willing to sell me a Brembo caliper and master cylinder that wont cost me so much that the family has to stop eating for a week....

So, my brother made a 300mm disc on the CNC for me. Looks a treat. Hopefully it works!

New Brakes... New

Jason

Back to top Go down

New Brakes... Empty disc

Post  Paul Murray Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:04 am

Disc looks good, keep us posted on how it works! what is it made from?

Paul Murray

Back to top Go down

New Brakes... Empty Re: New Brakes...

Post  Jason Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:33 pm

Paul, the disc is made from mild steel. I assume you are heading to Mac Park for the Xmas meet? If you see me running around with the stock disc fitted on race day, you'll know how well the new one went on practice day. Smile

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post  hyside Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:22 pm

Be carful with a mild steel disc they do have a tendecy to warp alot!, most after market discs are made from stainless steel or cast iron, for this reason, also they dont wear out as quick, and cast has a much better friction quality. I will be intrested to see how it goes.
It does look the part though.
hyside
hyside

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:32 am

Well, the new disc provided plenty of stopping power. On the downside, it shuddered like a vibrating bed in a 20 bucks an hour hotel room!! Not sure if the problem was caused by the disc warping slightly, as it seems to be pretty damn flat, or if it was the forks bottoming out. Heavier fork oil didn't fix the problem.

As a result, the stock disc had to go back on. Didn't stop as well but sure felt better.

Back to the drawing board.

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post  BMetcalf Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Did I hear you say you have a new trophy idea for the 2009 LC cup? bounce
BMetcalf
BMetcalf

Back to top Go down

New Brakes... Empty vibrating beds

Post  Paul Murray Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:31 pm

I have run both a brembo caliper and standard, both on standard rotor, the lc caliper once rebuilt and using a quality line stops almost as good as the brembo, brembo offers more power with less effort and more feel but overall theres very little in it, lap times are better with the lc caliper......... ask carter....................

Paul Murray

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum