Australian RD250LC Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyres

+2
mboddy
Holma
6 posters

Go down

Tyres Empty Tyres

Post  Holma Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:45 am

Gday all ! What tyres are all you guys using , i have Avons and Dunlops , who uses what and what are your preferences etc .
Also where does every one buy there tyres , Avons are easy to obtain , but Dunlops seam to be harder to find . cheers Holma
Holma
Holma

Back to top Go down

Tyres Empty Re: Tyres

Post  mboddy Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Bridgestone BT39SS 2.5" front and 100/90 rear.
Good for both dry and wet. Gives very quick steering.
Available from Whites Racing Products NSW 0413 461 353.

mboddy

Back to top Go down

Tyres Empty Tyres

Post  snapdragon Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:26 am

Seems most people here in SA are using the Dunlop TT900GP's - about $300 a set from GC's on South Road (free plug for you Richard!)

TT

snapdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:10 pm

snapdragon wrote:Seems most people here in SA are using the Dunlop TT900GP's - about $300 a set from GC's on South Road (free plug for you Richard!)

Yep, I think the majority of us are running the Dunlops. The last set I bought have lasted 3, might even be 4, meets now!

Jason

Back to top Go down

Tyres Empty Tyres

Post  Holma Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Thanks for the info , i am using a Dunlop on the front but can't get hold of a rear , so have been using the avon 110/90 .
Where is this GC's as mentioned above ? What size is the rear Dunlop , is it a 110 or 120 /90/18 ?

Cheers Mark
Holma
Holma

Back to top Go down

Post  BMetcalf Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:27 pm

If you are real quick, GCs may have one Dunlop rear left on the shelf! Give Richard at GCs a ring on 08 8371 4699 and he should be able to help you out.
If he doesn't, when you get a chance to race with us, just pretend to make a jump start from the grid and Richard will be into turn one before the lights have gone green and this gives him a nice pit lane run through and an official "jump start warning and penalty"! Laughing
I find the Dunlops excellent with good feedback before they have any signs of letting go and quite sticky in wet or dry. I have also seen the Bridgestones that Mark was talking about but thought that the front was very skiny. Saying that, I know mark has won alot of races on those tyres and they are well priced too.
We all started on cheap Metzellers but as lap times dropped we then shifted to the dunlops with good results.
BMetcalf
BMetcalf

Back to top Go down

Post  adee Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:45 am

Yep, I think the majority of us are running the Dunlops. The last set I bought have lasted 3, might even be 4, meets now!

I use the Dunlop TT900GPs I have been using them for two seasons about 600km on the track I must be going too slow Embarassed They are in need of replacement now, I was going to buy the same again, The rear is a 120 I think a smaller rear would be better.

How many race/practice kilometers are you getting out of your tyres?

adee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum